Saturday, September 27, 2014

New Beginnings

My name is Jude. I'm a long time blogger (since 2001) and a longer time electrical engineer (since 1983). I've been working in the field of electrical power quality for my entire career. And while I mostly work with higher power systems (480 VAC / 3 Phase / 200 KVA and up), I've done my share of work with lower power systems for offices, smaller facilities, and residences.

I've decided to start a blog focusing on electrical power and energy for residential and small commercial users - relying on half a lifetime of work in this field, and consolidating, integrating and updating documents, posts, and other material I've written and/or published over the past 30 years.

While the focus and scope of this site will, by its nature, evolve and change over time, I'm hoping to cast a wide net to bring in a variety of subjects of interest:
  • Electrical basics
  • Measuring equipment
  • Energy savings
  • Electrical power quality
  • Lighting
  • Green power
  • Back-up power systems
  • Vehicle power interface
  • Renewable power
I'll be spotlighting companies, products, residences, and industry trends.

Your participation and comments are welcomed - I'm happy to entertain suggestions for topics, products, or issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment